Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dresser Makeover

Here was a quick update I did to a dresser I found at Goodwill for $50. The dresser itself was solid wood. All the drawers worked great except for three that needed new drawer guides (which I bought at Home Depot for a couple dollars).



I took the drawers off, removed the hardware and sanded down the paint where the flowers were. I wanted a nice smooth surface. Then I took a tack cloth to remove any dust and gave them a nice even coat of aqua spray paint.



I decided to keep the rest of the dresser the original color. Besides a few dings and scratches the paint was fine. And truth be told, this dresser was going in my daughters' room. My kids aren't always easy on furniture anyway!


I decided to spray the hardware as well. I had Heirloom White on hand which matched the rest of the dresser so I just used that. I had just enough to do the job. Overall, I'm very pleased with the result! It was a very easy update and it made a huge difference! And my daughter loves having a bigger dresser for all her clothes.


Happy DIYing!

1 comment:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

It looks wonderful, Kim! I love the two-tone look with the hardware painted to match the body. Perfect! I'll bet Shailey is loving it!