Monday, May 23, 2011

Pillowcase Dress from a Woman's Blouse

I thrifted this woman's blouse for about $3.50. It didn't fit me but I loved the fabric and the colors (red and grey are one of my favorite color combinations). And I loved the pleated detail on the front. I bought it thinking I would cut it up to make a skirt for Olivia but changed my mind. I decided to make a simple pillowcase dress instead.


Here's the before and after.



Coincidentally, that little flower clip she's wearing, that just so happens to match this new little dress perfectly and that had been in my Etsy shop for months with no interest was purchased the same day I finished the dress. :o)  Oh well!

To see the a tutorial on how I made it, go here!
Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

I love it! You did a great job! It's nice to see that you're getting some use out of your serger. Aren't they great?! Olivia looks pretty happy about her new dress!